Yoga Exercises for Beginners at Home
How to start doing yoga at home for beginners
Yoga Postures and their Benefits for beginners
Sun Salutation is done as a warm-up exercise. It consists of 12 postures that move and stretch the body in various ways bringing flexibility to the spine and limbs. It also helps to regulate the breath, focus the mind and set the rhythm for your practice.
- Helps to strengthen the respiratory and circulatory system.
- By reversing gravity, blood flows back to the heart, relaxing your heart and giving it a rest. Bringing a rich supply of nutrients to the brain, spine, and nervous system, rejuvenating the whole body.
- Refreshes the entire body through deep breathing.
- Builds stamina
- Relieves varicose veins
Mental Benefits: Increases memory, concentration, and intellectual capacity.
The Shoulder stand
- By pressing the chin into the throat, a rich supply of blood will be brought into the area. This also massages the thyroid gland, promoting growth and development of the body, regulating your metabolism.
- Brings blood supply into the spinal column, stretches the spine keeping it elastic and strong.
- Inverting most of the body helps with circulation and relieves varicose veins.
- Alleviates hypertension and relieves insomnia.
- Relieves lethargy and mental sluggishness.
- Helps with insomnia and depression.
- Brings an increased blood supply to the spinal nerves.
- Improves circulation.
- Stretches spine and back muscles, especially the neck and upper back releasing stress from these areas.
- Releases tension from the upper back and shoulder region.
- Relieves indigestion and constipation.
- Relieves fatigue and boosts energy levels.
- Helps to relieve insomnia.
- Helps to enhance physical and mental relaxation.
- Counter pose to the Shoulder stand and the Plow. It complements and enhances the benefits of both postures.
- Releases any tension that may build up in the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine during these postures.
- Counter pose to the Shoulder stand. Gives a natural massage to the shoulders and neck.
- Helps remove stiffness to the entire back, by increasing nerve impulses and blood circulation.
- Increases lung capacity helps to relieve asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Helps regulate moods and emotions.
- Helps to relieve stress and mental agitation.
The Forward Bend
- Massages all the abdominal organs, stimulates and tones digestive organs, relieving constipation and other problems.
- Gives a complete stretch to the hips, spine, and muscles of the back and legs. Increases in elasticity in the lumbar spine relieves compression of the spine and sciatica.
- Strengthens and stretches the hamstrings.
- Enhances concentration and mental endurance.
- Invigorates the mind and nervous system.
The Inclined Plane
- Counterpose to the Forward Bend, strengthens the shoulders, arms and hips, increasing their flexibility.
- Develops balance and coordination.
- Stretches out the wrists, helping people with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- The spine becomes more flexible.
- Works, tones, and massages the back muscles.
- Helps relieve asthma by stretching the thoracic region and expanding the rib cage.
- Gently massages the abdominal organs.
- Helps relieve problems of the uterus and ovaries and menstrual problems.
- Helps develop concentration.
- Brings flexibility to the cervical region and strength to the lower back
- Tones the nerves and muscles in the neck and shoulders
- Improves sluggish digestion
- Benefits people suffering from asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Strengthens shoulders, arm, and back muscles.
- Can relieve back pains and sciatica.